Thursday, January 19, 2017

My Experience with the Graston Technique

My sports trainer was recently trained so he could do the Graston Technique on his clients.  I didn't understand what this was but he and I have been working on trying to figure out my knee pain for quite some time now with no luck.

He mentioned this new technique to me & offered a "free trial" to see how it went.

I (of course) took him up on that offer as I trust this guy completely.

They use stainless steel tools & rub them over the affected area (using a special oil that doesn't absorb quickly into the skin).  The idea is to break apart scar tissue, adhesion's, and any restrictions that may be occurring.
Graston tools

Add caption

5 hours after procedure - Icing helps keep the swelling & bruising down

I won't lie, this hasn't been a pain FREE procedure for me.  I just went for my 3rd visit & this was the least painful of them all.  From what I understand it will get better & better.  I also have bruising afterward.

We have seen some good progress so far.  My knee cap has been moving back into the place it's supposed to be in and I feel pretty good after the procedure.  No clicking or discomfort in my knee.

Here is a link describing it so much better than I can:

http://www.grastontechnique.com/patients

I would high recommend this procedure to those that have been having issues & need another avenue to pursue.  Ask your trainer, physical therapist or chiropractor about this.

There is no reason for us to be in pain if there is a way to fix it.

The procedure for me has taken about 20-30 minutes depending on how much he is working on.

Worth the few minutes of discomfort to be able to walk pain free again!

Be blessed!!
Pamela





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela