Friday, April 29, 2011

Back to it

Well, I am very close to the 6 week mark after my surgery. Happy to say I'm doing GREAT and am so glad to be getting back to working out again. I can tell you that when they say exercise is good for depression that is 100% true. I have suffered with depression for a while now and the exercise was really helping. Thing is - you don't realize how much until you STOP doing it!!

I have started slowly. Can't do any real high intensity cardio just yet but it's in the near future I'm sure!! I have started running again and realize how much I do miss that. I even tried barefoot running for about 1+ miles. What a difference!! I am doing 2-1/4 miles right now and I wore my sneakers for 1/2 then took them off and went barefoot. I got 2 blisters but honestly it was worth it. In comparing the 2 ways I can say that wearing the sneakers made me feel clumsy and a little weighed down. Going barefoot you aren't heel striking as much so there isn't as much impact on all my joints. I just felt great and look forward to doing it again. If you are interested in reading more about barefoot running click here.





The weather right now is perfect. In the morning it's still a bit cool (for Florida) and the perfect time to get out and run.

What have you done lately for yourself? Get those endorphines going and feel better!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand! Not being able to work out after surgery stinks! I am happy that you are back at it:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela