Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Lesson (for me)

As I have mentioned a couple posts ago I recently had some minor surgery. While the surgery was minor the recovery (to me) is the worst part and is taking forever. I knew this before going in for the surgery. One of the last things I asked my Dr was "when can I run again????". Yeah, She just looked at me and said "4-6 weeks, just like we talked about". She didn't say the part "just like we talked about EVERY TIME YOU HAVE COME IN MY OFFICE LATELY". She was very sweet.

Anyway, I LOVE to exercise. I haven't been like that all my life. I really got the bug about 5 years ago and when it hit I was ready and took full advantage. I have increased my workouts and have been called an addict about it too. Hey I figure if I am going to be addicted to something, this is a good thing to be addicted to right?

What I never saw coming was my lesson in humility. God is so good even when I'm not really thinking that way.

Humility: the quality or condition of being humble.
Humble: not proud or arrogant




Ok, I didn't think I was proud or arrogant. I didn't! (ok I just yelled that at that little voice in my head) I would get up every morning and work out for atleast an hour. Anything less was too little. And that didn't include if I went out for a run too. Usually dragging my middle son with me following me on his bike. The way every 12 year old wants to spend his mornings right? Guess what? I can't do that right now. I'm 2-1/2 weeks into my recovery process. It has taken me this long to cry out to God and ask Him what He wants me to be learning during this time. Why did it take this long? I'm not really sure. One thing is for sure. I'm learning alot about Him. I guess if that is the only thing I learn about during this process it's good right? I'm learning that God made this body and I do need to take care of it whether or not I'm exercising. I have friends that can't or don't exercise and are still concerned about their health. During this time for me I can still eat healthy and continue to feel better about myself. I can witness through my life just as God wants me to. I learned that I want to be a person that God can glorify Himself! I want to be that person that people look at and see something they know they want.

I believe God is teaching me that my addiction needs to be in Him. Now THAT is something to be addicted to!!






Be Blessed & Healthy!!

PS - I AM doing great from my surgery. All is well and nothing to worry about.xo

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:4

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! God is stretching and growing you.. I know it's painful at times.. but oh the beauty that comes from His handiwork...

    Blessings dear friend..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela