Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Travel




We are blessed to have 3 wonderful children. Our oldest has been playing baseball since he was 8 years old and, not to sound TOO braggy, he is really good at it. He is a sophmore in high school & has been playing with the varsity team for 2 years now. For this summer he made a team that is traveling around Florida. We were hoping to get an RV to cut the costs of these trips down but weren't able to do that SO, here we go hotel hopping :). I have to say, I'm really excited about this time! Now, normally traveling doesn't bring out the best in everyone since we are all so different but I'm really looking forward to this. The level of play will be awesome & honestly? I don't have ANY problem having someone come in and clean our room!!

One of my problems with traveling though is making sure I keep our eating healthy & continue my exercise regimen which truth be told, I'm told is pretty intense. So, here are a couple tips I can come up with off the top of my head.

Bring healthy snacks (i.e. nuts, dried fruit (in moderation, high sugar content), rice cakes w/nut butter, veggies).

Order a salad and eat that first.

Since you may not have a fridge for leftovers, make sure you order the lunch portion & not dinner. This is usually just 1/2 the dinner portion and honestly all you will need after that salad!!

WATER - WATER - WATER.

Pretend the elevator is OUT OF ORDER. Take the stairs any time you are able to.

Park far away from wherever you are going so you can walk.

Stick a couple handweights into your overnight bag and use them. (haha - I did this one time and felt sorry for the guy carrying our bags. I took 26lbs worth!!)

I think that is good for now. Do you have something you do that helps with your food choices & exercise while you travel? Let me know!

Oh - did I mention to drink lots of water?? heehee

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela