Monday, July 8, 2013

Pictures


I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures here from previous mission trips to Guatemala.  I was able to post them but the quality doesn't look good. 

I hope you get the idea of them anyway.  There is a lake by where we are going to be.  From what I'm told, sewage has backed up into that lake twice.  They have been trying to clean it but unfortunately, I'm sure you can imagine, it's not very clean :(  The people there still use the water for washing, etc.  It's quite sad to think of that. 

There are so many things we take for granted.  Clean water is one of them.  The next time you get a glass of water (which if you know what I think about this, should be right now :)  ) think about having to walk miles to get fresh water to drink or do anything with.  Or think about not having fresh water available at all.  Too many have to live like that.




The medical clinic that we will be by
Men from our church helping build the dorms
The lake
 

Building (and chickens)

 
 
Our youth have been taking up a donation for Water for All Nations. 
 
If you are interested in learning more their website is www.waterforallnations.org
 
 
What are some causes that are close to your heart? 
 
 Be Blessed & Healthy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Pamela! This information makes me realized how blessed we are to just be able to turn on a faucet and have clean water come out. Two causes I take part in are doing dog therapy work, visiting nursing homes with my dog, through My Angel With Paws, and making and donating blankets to be given to children in hospitals to Project Linus. I enjoy using my talents to bless others and always find myself blessed as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela