Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Holiday Food

This time of the year is a very YUMMY time of year for so many of our senses!!

The smells are amazing.  I smell cinnamon every where I go it seems!!

The beautiful colors of autumn (well, in Florida they are a little limited in my opinion but we try)

The feel of the cooler weather outside.  That crispness.  (Yes, we do get this here in Florida too just not as chilly)

The TASTES of so many holiday specialties.  I have seen a lot of people posting about the Pumpkin Spice Coffees back at DD & Starbucks.  I went the other day & noticed the Peppermint Mocha is there too. 

What about the yummy foods you will find as you are at office parties & friends houses.  There will be a smorgasbord of foods for sure.  THIS is where you can make a change.

When you are invited to a party or having one at work find out what you can bring.  If there is a theme then find something you would enjoy that works with your healthy lifestyle & take it.  That guarantees you will have something there to eat.  

Talk with the host of the party & ask what you can bring.  

Remember.  It is ok to pass on food that is no good for you.  You will not hurt peoples feelings and honestly if they get hurt because you passed on their dish well that may just be their issue to deal with. 

Treat your body with the respect it deserves.  You won't be sorry you did!!

I'm going to try to star posting some more recipes of things I love to eat but change the recipe so I CAN eat it :)

What is your favorite holiday food? 

Be Blessed & Live Healthy!!

You can check me out at Facebook & Twitter too @ ImperfectlyPamela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela