Saturday, February 14, 2015

An Apartment, A Birthday & a Wedding

I have had some big changes this year.  For me anyway.

My oldest son, who is on the cusp of getting married (in exactly one month!) moved out about a month ago to his own place.  He wanted to live on his own before getting married in March.  Can't blame him for that!  He has been sharing a bedroom nearly all his life.  I'm sure he would like his own for a couple months atleast :)

My 2nd son turned 16 today :)  in 12 days he gets his license. 

I am so proud of both my boys (I have a daughter also but I'm going to focus on the boys right now).  They have hearts of gold. They also couldn't be more different. 

My oldest is the lead in a band that is quite popular.  He is our worship leader at church as well.  Totally living his dream.  He is a strong willed, follow your dreams & don't stop til you get it kind of guy.  He is also dedicated to his family, fiance & friends.  Introvert to the max too believe it or not :)  I love him so much & miss him like crazy.  He is only 40 minutes away but he was the night owl with me.  Even if we never said a word to each other I knew he was up with me.  Some times those were the moments we would have our best talks too.

My 16 year old has a compassionate heart.  He is more of an extrovert but not completely.  He will stand in the background & doesn't want the attention but loves having a good time & loves his friends.  He is into baseball like nobody's business.  Pitcher & 1st baseman.  He even got to spend part of his birthday at the field with his team.  I was so happy for him when he came home saying they won 10-2.  He didn't play but he was there cheering his team on for that win. 

I am sure I don't have to tell you Moms out there how my Mom-heart feels right now.  I may cry but they are happy tears.  I couldn't be happier to be able to watch these boys grown into the men God has created them to be. 

As my son watches his fiance walk down the aisle to become his wife I will be there watching him.  He will be growing before my eyes as he has for the passed 19+ years.  I will be thanking God for the times I have had with him & the way our relationship is changing for the better.  I remember during the hard times everyone with teens would tell me it will be better.  Of course, they were right. 

Thanks for reading & letting me share some of my Mom thoughts with you.  I would love to hear from you as well. 

What are some Mom-moments you have had?  Maybe you are the child & you can tell me some Mom things that you cherish.  

Be Blessed & Live Healthy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela