Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Excuses, Excuses

We all have them.  I could come up with at least 2 right now why I am not doing the dishes or sitting & schooling my daughter (besides the fact I'm typing this for you!).

I have been learning a lot about myself lately & I especially have learned I hate excuses.  I have made a point to stop using them as much as I can.  When I do something or am late for something I don't run in & tell them all the reasons I'm late.  I apologize & make a note to make sure I don't do it again.  Who wants to hear all that?  Who wants to hear about the traffic that is backed up on the high way or the mess you had to clean up at home?  How does that help them? 

You can't change anything with excuses.  Maybe the person you inconvenienced is more understanding but you were still late (or whatever it is you have an excuse for). 

I find when it comes to healthy living & fitness there are excuses enough to fill a huge, HUGE book.  I even mentioned to someone recently I should start writing them all down. 

We all have setbacks.  We all go for something that may not align with the healthy plan we have for ourselves.  There may be a day we just can't get that workout in.  It's all good!  Get up, brush yourself off & try again. 

Stop making excuses for things.  Own it.  We are human & flawed (did you hear that *gasp*). 

So, think you will be too tired for a workout tomorrow?  Get into bed earlier tonight. 
Think you may not be able to resist the ice cream or (insert binge of choice here)?  Get rid of it.  Remove it from where you can have access to it.

Just my 2 cents for today.  This is all shared with love, I promise.  I think if we stop with all the excuses & start working on ourselves & be honest, our lives will be so much healthier!!

What's a favorite excuse you have heard?

Be Blessed & Live Healthy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela