Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas is over.....

Ok, Christmas is over. I keep insisting that each year I'm going to simplify and really get back to what Christmas is all about. Yes, this year I overextended myself. Volunteering to be part of our Happy Birthday Jesus service at church while I knew I was also singing on the worship team the other services. I baked 9 different kinds of cookies. We had dinners to go to, presents to wrap, the house to clean/keep clean, so on and so on. It actually got a little frustrating. By Christmas Eve after our services I went looking for the ornaments I bought for the kids to put on the tree. A tradition we have every Christmas Eve. I couldn't find them. I tore my closet & some of my bedroom apart looking for them. My husband steered as clear as he could. He even got the kids to bed. I realized long after I was so caught up in my own anger & frustration that I didn't even get to say good night to them. I know. It was just one night but I let my anger just take over. It's hard to reel it back in some times. God spoke to me loud & clear. It's not about me. It's not about some ornaments to give to the kids. I got it loud & clear. I can say that Christmas morning was just a blessing. I wished it would last forever. The kids were just wonderful. Everyone was getting along & having fun. Laughing & enjoying each other. It was one of those moments that Moms store away in their hearts & minds for later. My God sent his Son to earth to be a man, to go to the cross & die for ME. He was a little baby who was helpless just like I was. He understands what I go through every day. He went through so much yucky stuff too. He died for me so that I can live. That is what I want to celebrate. Not just on December 24th & 25th. I want to celebrate that every day of the year for the rest of my life here. My husband and I made a decision a long time ago to keep Christ in Christmas by not confusing things with a man in a red suit. Honestly? That is something I won't regret. The focus is more on Jesus then ever now. I hope it is for you too.

Merry Christmas! May the joy of this season always be in your heart.

Be Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela