Sunday, June 12, 2011

Healthy Eating


I have a friend that was told she was "predisposed genetically" for things like high cholesterol. She made a decision to make some changes to her lifestyle starting with exercise and then changing her family's eating habits. She has chosen to be vegan which is when you don't have any animal products at all (eggs, dairy, etc). In doing so her latest blood work came back (drumroll please) NORMAL!! I'm so very proud of her. She is also in the middle of the "Coach to 5K" program. That is where you start off walking 5K (approx 3.2 miles) and by the end of 9 weeks you are running. She is doing AWESEOME. As you know I love to run and am really excited that I have a friend that is so excited about running and I will hopefully have a running partner very soon. We hope to sign up for a 5K as soon as her 9 weeks is up.

So I am not only writing this because I'm just so darn proud of my friend but I'm writing this to say hey, you can do this too! It does work. While I can't guarantee all your numbers will be in the normal range I can tell you that you will feel SO much better making yourself healthier. God created our bodies for so much more than what we put in them and what we do physically. Push yourself and see what you can do. You may just surprise yourself!! I would love to hear about your progress or what you have done in the past to make you and your family healthier.

I wanted to start this blog to maybe pass on some of the things I have learned and possibly help someone else take a step toward better health. You can do the same! Share what you have learned with someone. Grab a friend for a workout. Get out there and make things happen. You deserve it!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela