Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Write It Down






I never realized how important writing my goals down was. 

A great motivator for me has been Chalene Johnson (TurboFire, ChaLEAN Extreme). 

Something she talks about is writing down goals & also making sure to write down your progress as well.  I have a calendar book that I keep by my workout DVD's & equipment & I log every workout & what weight I use.  What color band I use.  All of it.  How many miles I may have run, etc. 

I write down if something hurt or if I wasn't feeling right about something.  If I did reps too fast, if the weight wasn't enough or was too much.  I also put if I do pushups on my knees or toes and how many that way.  This really helps me see my progress.  I even have my own little shorthand system now.

I have also started putting my weight & measurements before I start a new program.  As you learn about me if you are new to my blog, I don't like the numbers but I do try to have them keep me on target with my goals.

I also PLAN MY WORKOUTS.  I usually do a week ahead of time but I am also usually working through a program so honestly it's already planned out for me unless I'm hybridding (is that a word?) it.  The only day I usually have a rest is Sunday.  I am gone all morning with my family at church & try to keep my focus on them during the day. 

I am a cardio JUNKIE.  I love weight work for sure but my heart soars when I'm jumping, kicking, running.  When I am doing a workout with lots of weight work I usually add in my favorite Turbofire workouts to balance my days with cardio & weight work.  Ah, just thinking about it makes me look forward to tomorrow morning :)

I hope I have helped you think about writing down your goals & workouts.  Keeping track is really important.  In the beginning it might be hard to do but once you get used to it you won't know how you went without writing things down.

How do you keep yourself accountable with your workouts?  Do you prefer weight work or cardio?  How do you keep that balance?

Be Blessed & Live Healthy!!

Follow me on Facebook @ Imperfectlypamela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela