Friday, February 25, 2011

Eat & Exercise

I like to eat. Yep, I do! I also LOVE to exercise. I know, most people think I'm just crazy about that one. I love the way I feel during it when I'm pushing my hardest & when I think I just can't do anymore -- I find it in me to push through. Then at the end? It's like a high with all the endorphins rushing through me. I know, I'm strange. Well seeing that I also like to eat then it's a good thing I like to exercise huh? Well a couple days ago I was doing a workout for my core. Pushups, etc. The day before I had done some chest flys. Well, I woke up Tuesday morning in PAIN!! I popped out a ribhead in my back a while ago and when my chiropractor told me it could happen again she wasn't kidding!! I went through Tuesday on an ice pack and trying to rest. Well, by Wendsday morning I realized I had done some damage that needed medical care. I went to my chiropractor and had a mini massage that was very painful. Then Dr T started trying to help me but the pain was 15 on a 1-10 scale. I kept remembering childbirth. When they tell you "you know the contractions are real when you can't talk while they are happening". Yep, that's what happened. So, I left there with being told they muscles have to calm down before the ribheads can get pushed back in. I ended up in the ER that night too. The pain was too much and my wonderful 15 yr old was very worried. I got muscle relaxants & was very happy to take one that night. Honestly I hate meds. I know some times they are important and really needed. I just kept thinking it's muscle! It should calm down on its own. There has to be something natural I can take! Well, I don't know about that but I can tell you I was able to go back to my chiropractor and Dr J helped me this time. She was able to push on the ribheadS!! Yes, a bunch of them were out! No wonder the pain was so bad. I am feeling better now just in a little bit of pain & pretty sore.

I have had people make jokes to me that is this what it's like to get healthy & stronger? Guess what? Yes, sometimes getting healthy & stronger takes lots of work and it may hurt a bit. I feel stronger. I prayed & praised God the whole time. He slowed me down the way no one has been able to. He showed me a part of my 15 yr old son that I have never seen before. My son took care of me and my 5yr old (my husband was away with my other son). He took over the things in the house. He even opted out of some plans that he had made so he could be here to take care of me. So, yes I was praying & praising God. Through the trials we go through He is always there. When I am weak, He is strong (2 Corinthians 12:10). I know that more now than ever.

Yes, I will workout again as soon as I can (because I still love to eat!!)! I will be alot more careful next time!!

Be BLESSED & HEALTHY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela