Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gratitude





This morning during our family service the leader for our PreK - 5th grades did the childrens message.  He talked about being grateful for things that maybe you don't feel so good about. 

Last night while getting ready for our worship time this morning ( my son and I are on the praise team), we got a phone call from the keyboard player.  His son, who plays the drums for us, was rear-ended on his scooter.  He was at a red light & the car behind him hit him atleast 30mph.  Thankfully he was wearing a helmet, leather coat & gloves.  I hear the helmet was pretty mangled.  He flew in the opposite direction of the scooter & flipped a few times.  I know it just sounds awful and can't imagine going through it.  I am so thankful, as I'm sure he is and his family, that he was wearing that helmet & not being "too cool" NOT to wear it.  He is hurting alot right now but I'm sure counting his blessings. 

Do you ever look at things that way?  While on vacation in PA at the beginning of October my son got really sick & ended up in the hospital.  My husband wasn't with us but he WAS 3 hours away for business.  Now while it was VERY scary I realized a few things.  We were with my parents & my mom had worked at the hospital over 20 years.  She knows the ins & outs & was able to help me understand what was going on.  Had we stayed home my husband would have been up in PA for his business trip & over a 1,000 miles away when our son went in to the hospital down here.  While I do have a great support network here it would have been so much harder.  So, I can look at that and see the blessings. 

God is so good to us.  He sacrificed His one & only Son for us.  He NEVER changes.  He is ALWAYS there for us.  We are the ones that are fickle & change.  We are the ones that will love Him one minute & think we don't need Him the next. 

During this Thanksgiving season I want to remember how thankful I am for every little (and big) things.  There are so many and I know I take them forgranted all the time.

What are you thankful for?  Do you have any blessings in disguise you can share? 

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela