Saturday, March 3, 2012

A YUMMY guilt-free Blondie recipe

Ok, I KNOW I have shared this blog with you before but I can't say enough about it.  I do love my desserts and with all my allergies & things I just stay away from this blog is quite helpful.  Chocolate Covered Katie is VERY good at what she does.  Today I was blessed to celebrate a little boys 1st birthday & I KNEW I would feel left out in the sweet department come cake time.  So, I perused Katies blog for something yummy that I had ingredients on hand for.  Here is it.  Me oh my it was yummy.  I wish I had pictures but honestly?  They didn't last that long at all.  I was shocked the people who tried them & ENJOYED them (you know those manly men that don't eat chickpeas or vegan stuff ).  It wasn't until after they tried them that I told them the ingredients.  (a little trick I did with my family when they were younger.) 

I made mine with carob chips.  I have a son that doesn't do chocolate.  He liked them.  (Hey Mikey! heehee)

Enjoy!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!





Genius Blondies
(makes 15-20 squares)
  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g after draining)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • heaping 1/8 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar* (See note below)
  • 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup ground flax (20g) (see nutrition-info link below, for substitution ideas)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other fat source) (see nutrition-info link below, for lower-cal options)
  • optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips (Not “optional” if you’re CCK!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth in a food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil-lined) 8×8 pan. Bake for 38-40 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela