Thursday, May 31, 2012

Super-Size me --- NOT!!!




There is some news in the headlines today about the Mayor of New York wanting to ban any sodas over 16 oz from being sold in fast food restaurants.

 "The ban, which could take effect as soon as March, would not apply to diet sodas, fruit juices, dairy-based drinks or alcoholic beverages."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/31/nyc-plans-to-ban-sales-sugary-drinks-over-16-ounces/#ixzz1wTCLHb6M

Ok my friends.  If you have been reading up on my blog you KNOW how I feel about soda.  Honestly though?  Banning a certain size of soda is NOT going to help the obesity rate, in my opinion.  People have a mind of their own and if they want 20 oz of soda they will get it just by purchasing another soda or (hold on to your hats!) going & buying something larger at a grocery store. 

Who came up with super sizing things anyway?  I went to Dunkin Donuts for an unsweet iced tea the other day (only $.99) and asked for a large.  They told me to get the extra large because it's the same price!!  Seriously!!  It's crazy & we need to stop the madness. 

Don't take my word for it!  Do your own research on soda in the first place.  If you can find something healthy about it PLEASE let me know.   Ok, I'm going to get down off my box now.  This just gets me going :)  Can you tell? 

What are your thoughts on this topic?  This mayor has been in the news before banning things, etc.  Would love to hear from you!!


Be Blessed & Healthy!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela