Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Too Busy for Workouts?

The day starts off with you running in different directions?  You opted to sleep until the very last minute til the alarm clock buzzed?  Then you find yourself back at home and it's lunch time.  You are still running.  Making lunches, doing dishes, cleaning, etc, etc, etc.  Sound familiar?  Yep, I know it.

One of the things I strive to do is workout 6 days a week.  Doesn't matter WHAT I do but I need to do something to get my heart going faster than usual :)  I will give myself an extra day off during the week if I need to but...... 

So, you find your day looking crazy & you just can't get the time to workout.  What can you do?  For one thing don't look at working out as WORK.  I realize there are so many that just don't like exercising.  There has to be something that you like to do.  Walk, skip, jump rope.  Play with your kids outside.  Even take them to the playground & follow them around!  Don't sit on the bench and watch.  There are so many things you can do but the main thing is get moving.

For me today was one of those days like I wrote above.  Just crazy busy.  Running errands for myself & others.  I didn't get my early morning workout in because I did choose to get those few minutes longer in before the alarm went off.  My plan?  Do get a workout in tonight when the kids go to bed.  Something simple but something that will challenge my body like I'm used to doing. 

Don't give up.  Get started & keep going.  You are so worth it! 

Remember some of the hardest working out you will do is in the kitchen.  Staying out would be the hardest huh?  I do know that feeling.  Just like exercising on a regular basis will become addictive   more of a habit - so will staying out of the kitchen or avoiding the downfalls.  You can do it!!

I would love to hear from you.  Tell me a positive thing you did for yourself today or in the past week that was a healthy choice.

Be Blessed & Healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela