Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Favorite - Hemp Protein Powder

Oops missed a week! 



After my workouts I really look forward to the protein smoothie I make.  I started out with a soy protein powder a while back (it was sweetened) mostly because I didn't realize the extent of protein powders that are out there!  Not necessarily at Walmart or your local grocery store but they are out there.  I ended up going to an unsweetened version of soy protein that is organic.    I am not concerned about having too much soy but started noticing having a harder time then I thought I should with toning my abs.  Looking into it a little bit I realized maybe the soy is causing this problem.  Estrogen tends to cause weight gain around us women that are getting up there in age a little bit (no I'm not getting old :)  )  So, I started looking into other proteins and found hemp.  I like that it's different for sure and honestly don't think I have been using it long enough to tell you I see a big different in the toned ab area.  I use almond milk with it & add some other things as well. 

It's also nice to know I'm getting some extra protein given that I don't get it in the usual ways people do eating meat.  Not my cup of tea.  I choose not to eat meat so love new ways I can incorporate protein into my diet.  Nutiva Hemp Protein Powder has 11g in the 3Tbsp serving.  I add about 1-1/2 cups almond milk, PB2 (look for this fave coming up soon), chia seeds, blueberries & strawberries.  This powder is not sweetened which I prefer.  The berries I add made it just right.  It has 12g fiber & 240mg potassium.  80 calories per serving!  Love this choice!

So, there you have it.  Hemp Protein Powder is my fave for this week.   Look into it.   Research these things.  It is so important to be informed.  Don't just take someone else's word for it.

Do you have a protein powder/source you prefer?  Do you make smoothies?  Leave me your recipe!  Would love to give it a try.

Be Blessed & Healthy!!!

BTW - I found mine at Amazon.com  http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Protein-Fiber-16-Ounce/dp/B001E5E1LE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1344451246&sr=8-5&keywords=nutiva+hemp+protein


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela