Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Favorite - PB2

When I first heard of this I was so excited!  Then I got it and I am HOOKED!!!

PB2 is a powdered form of peanut butter (my opinion) without the fat!!  Here is the nutrional information:

PB2
Calories 45
Calories from fat 13
Fat 2g
Carbs 5g
Fiber 2g
Sugar 1g
Protein 5g
Sodium 94mg


Compared to:

Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter
Calories: 200
Calories from fat: 150
Fat 16g
Sodium 105mg
Protein 7g
Carbs 6g
Sugar 1g
Fiber 2g



Don't get me wrong.  I still use peanut butter for certain things & my "go-to" is the Smuckers Natural.  I haven't found another one I can buy at the grocery store that doesn't have sugar in the ingredients.

As you can see there are differences here. I would much rather have less fat then the 2 grams here and there of protein, etc. I use this mostly right now in my protein smoothies in the morning after my workouts but there are recipes that you can use this in as well.  

Don't take MY word for it!  Give it a try!  Oh - and it comes in chocolate too.  YUMMY!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela