Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Favorite - YUM ALERT!!

Haha.  This one is a yummy recipe.  I heard about this on the Dr Oz show & it got me at chocolate :)

Butt Blasting Brownies (these made with dark cocoa)
He calls them "Butt Blasting Brownies".  They are so easy to make & honestly they satisfy a craving & I don't find myself going back for more!  I eat 2 in the afternoon with a cup of coffee.  I'm not sure if they are blasting my butt at all but all my lunges & squats are hopefully taking care of that :)

Ingredients
1 cup raw cacao powder  ( I use regular unsweetened, powdered Hersheys cocoa)
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup low fat milk ( I use unsweet almond milk)
1 cup organic raisins
1 cup oats

Directions
In a food processor purée the cacao, cayenne, cinnamon, milk and raisins until a smooth paste forms. Add the oats to the food processor and quickly pulse to incorporate them. Transfer the mix into a square or rectangular container lined cross wise with wax paper. Press down to form the ‘brownie' base. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares before serving. Enjoy!


Do you have a go-to snack that just hits the spot & doesn't make you feel guilty about indulging?  I love new ideas & recipes.  Please share!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela