Friday, January 25, 2013

Sleep = Weight Loss






Sleep.  It's a hard thing to catch some times.  I am a night-owl.  I KNOW I would enjoy getting up & getting things going early but it just never happens.  I also know my husband would like me to be up early when he goes to work.  That should be enough incentive huh?

There is alot out there now that talks about getting enough sleep for weight loss.  Our bodies go through a healing process as we sleep.  Our muscles & brain REALLY need this.  Some are saying 7-9 hours of sleep is what we need.  I think what time we go to sleep is big too.  I'm still working on that one :/

Dr Oz is a big proponent of sleep.  I found a couple links you could check out: 

http://www.doctoroz.com/quiz/dr-oz-s-sleep-quiz

http://healthybodydaily.com/dr-oz-in-case-you-missed-it/dr-oz-5-step-sleep-plan/

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-while-sleeping

http://www.livestrong.com/sleep-and-weight-loss/

As always, don't take my word for it.  Go out there & research this for yourself.  If you are working out on a regular basis then getting on with your normal day by the end of it your body is probably WIPED out.  It needs some serious downtime to rejuvinate.  That is what sleep is for.

I struggled for a LONG time getting a good night's sleep.  My sister always says "my bed is comfortable and my pillow is soft".  It sounds silly but I was never able to say that.  My bed was always hard & uncomfortable.  My pillow?  I never used one.  My neck was always hurting & I had heard a pillow wasn't the way to go.  My whole back would just ache.  I could never find the right thing.  I can't tell you how many mattresses my husband & I went through during the course of the first 15 years of our marriage.  Then we got a Sleep Number.  I know many people that don't care for them but this was the answer for us!  My back is SO much better.  My chiropracter has seen a change as well.  NOW I can tell you that my bed is comfortable & my pillow is very soft (only use on when sleeping on my side). 

Sleep.  It's very important for so many things.  See what YOU can to do start getting more.  You won't be sorry!!

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?  Do you wake up feeling refreshed & ready to go?

Be Blessed & Healthy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela