Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hard not to fall in the pit

The pit.  You know, that pit of feeling sorry for yourself. 

I don't do change all that easily.  Well, unless I initiate it ;)

2 Mondays ago I had surgery & went in knowing fully what I would and wouldn't be able to do afterward.  2 weeks of resting & healing.  Walking is encouraged (happy girl!). 

I realized during this time there were certain things I needed to focus on.  There are other things happening in my life that I would just get way too focused on.  Things that in the grand scheme of things really don't matter.  Worrying about what others are thinking, etc.  NOT MY JOB :)

I am busy healing, walking & resting.  I am setting goals for myself & working on meeting them so I can check that one off & move to the next one. 

One of the things that helped TREMENDOUSLY was a good friend invited me out to a preview of a movie coming out in May called Moms' Night Out.  We had an INCREDIBLE time & laughed out butts off.  I thought I was going to pop my stitches at one point.  It was just that good.  I'll post something about that soon too :)  I was honest with her & explained how I was a little anxious about going out like that.  Silly huh?  Of course once there it was awesome & so worth it!!

One of the things I have found that is something I have to actively keep on top of is not feeling sorry for myself.  Seeing all my friends posting pics or status' of what their workouts have been.  Seeing someone running.  I feel myself getting down when I see this.  Then I realize that is ridiculous!  I will be working out again in the next month or so.  I will start out light I'm sure but I will be moving & lifting & loving it again soon enough. 

There was a reason I needed a rest.  I think we can all push ourselves to the point of needing a rest.  Maybe we don't realize it & we get that push.  That's what I had to get.  I got the push telling me I have no choice. 

It's cool.  I have some awesome friends that have kept me going.  Keeping me encouraged by their little notes & texts. 

Well, thanks for reading my thoughts here.  Hope everyone out there is doing well!!

How do you keep yourself focused when life throws you a curveball?

Be Blessed & Live Healthy!!

PS - if you are reading this, check out the button on the right of my blog that says "follow".  Can you click that?  I would really appreciate it.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there beautiful!
    Just popping by to say hi!!
    I'm praying for you girlfriend.. and do yourself a favor.. unfollow those 'hard to look at' status things for awhile..unplug maybe from that kind of stuff to help focus on what God is showing you..
    And like you said.. this time next month.. you'll be feeling a lot better.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela