Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Staying Focused


As I posted recently my journey has seen a detour :)

Recently I noticed a lump in my belly & after seeing a few doctors found out it was a hernia.

Long story short, I had surgery to have it taken care of.  I'm doing well but the healing process the passed couple days has been rough & frustrating. 

I mean, come on.  If you like to get up & get moving & not stop then when someone tells you to sit & rest you are like "um, what?".  That is what I thought.  I even tried reasoning with the nurse before the surgery.  She told me "you tell that little workout guru in you to shut up!".  She was somewhat joking.  I did promise many people including my little girl that I would take it easy until my doc gave me the thumbs up to get busy working out again.  Walking will be my friend for now. 

A couple things I noticed. 

-- Saying you will take it easy & actually TAKING IT EASY are totally different.

-- When you have had surgery on the core area & you can't tighten up those muscles you realize how much the core is very important in every day life!! 

--  All those squats, leg work & arm work I have been doing?  Yea, they have paid off in SPADES!!  I am using those muscles LOTS to get up & down, etc.

-- Eating clean when you can't exercise is crucial.  There have already been a couple of little indulgences but they have been small & truly, no guilt. 

So, for the next couple of weeks I will be following doctors & my daughters orders & taking it easy.  Taking walks & resting will be in my workout log. 

What setbacks have you encountered along the way?  How did you deal with them? 

Be Blessed & Live Healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela