Sunday, January 4, 2015

Post Christmas Ponderings








This past Christmas season was especially poignant to me.  It was the last Christmas we will technically be a family of 5, as officially we will welcome our daughter-in-law in March.  It was the first Christmas in 19 years that all of my children didn’t wake up here. 

Hearts made sad this year by those family members that have chosen to be estranged yet we have been blessed by others that are close enough now to celebrate the birth of Christ with them.

I have realized twice now in 1 week I have heard about Mary “pondering these things in her heart” in regards to Jesus.  This is so true for me right now.  I want to remember every little thing & make sure my children know I love them & they will always have a place to call home. 

I find myself in moments of being extremely capable of starting that cry.  You know which one I’m talking about.  The “ugly” cry.  I understand these things are normal. 

This is the time we raise our children for right?  They are not meant to stay with their Mom’s & Dad’s forever.  We raise them with what they need to go out & spread their wings. 

This Mom might not feel ready for this but I know my oldest is.  He is ready to spread his wings.  He has already been practicing it & I am proud of what I have seen so far.  He needs this time on his own before he gets married in March.  

On to the next phase in his life.  I just hope he can be patient with this Mom who just loves him more than he will ever know.

Happy New Year!
Be Blessed & Live Healthy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela