Friday, June 7, 2013

First Mission Trip!

I am somewhat excited.  We were asked to be one of the families from our church to go on the first family mission trip to Guatemala!!  We have  had quite a few go there from our church but not families.  The men that have gone helped build a medical clinic & dorm area.  Now that the dorms are finished, they are perfect for families.

Yikes!!  I always considered my "mission" to be working with children in our church.  Also, just with my family.  I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom.  I figured that was enough.  Right? 

Nope, God said otherwise!  We prayed about it & now 5 passports later -- we are going.  My youngest (age 7) is THRILLED!!  Her older brothers, not so much.  They are working on it though.  We went & got books from the library to learn some things about the area we will be in.  It feels better to know a little bit.  One of the things we found out is there is an ACTIVE volcano across the lake from where we will be.  Now THAT is exciting!!

While we are there we will be helping with things like painting, etc.  Maybe some VBS type stuff for the kids although they will still be in school during the days.  Also, making some home visits to share the gospel. 

Have you ever been on a mission trip/out of the country??  I would LOVE to hear your experiences!!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and your family to have this opportunity Pamela. I have never gone on a mission trip, but it is definitely something I very much want to do. I can't wait to hear about your experiences when you return. My God bless you in this work and give you many opportunities to share about Him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela