Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In a rut??


Ever find yourself in a rut? Maybe you are trying to get healthy or have been for a while and you have noticed you can't lose anymore weight or you are finding that you just don't see anymore changes happening with your body. It may just be your workouts (OR your food)!! Some times our bodies just get used to the same old thing and eventually that just isn't going to work anymore. We need to shake things up a bit. Some times we are FORCED to shake things up a bit :)

In the past (and present) I have found myself injured and can't do my regular workouts. It's hard to transition to a more lower cardio exercise mode but we (I) have to do what we(I) have to do!

So here is the plan......until this tendonitis in my heel gets better - more Yoga,
stretching & Pilates mixed in with my beloved weight training & some bike riding. Not that leisurely bike ride though. I am quite addicted to that high cardio rush I get so maybe the bike can help during this "down" time of mine. I'm looking forward to the changes I might see by switching things up a bit.

What do you do when you need to change things up a bit? Do you find yourself in a rut some times? Tell me about it!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

BTW - I just happened to be cruising around on line & found this article about staying motivated with your workouts.

http://weightloss.about.com/od/exercise/a/blexercisevar.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela