Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ultimate Blog Challenge Day 1 (and 2) About Me

Yesterday I happened across the Ultimate Blog Challenge when I visited my friend over at Confessions of a Daydream Believer. I have been trying to figure out more ways to get my blog out there and this is a great idea!

Today's blog I just want to share a little about myself. I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom of 3 children. 2 boys almost 16 & 12 and a little girl 5-1/2. I am married to an awesome, Christ loving man and I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

About 5 years ago I decided I needed to make some healthier changes in my life. My diet was the first to change. I eventually became a vegetarian and I love it. I can honestly tell you I don't miss meat. There are so many other options to choose from. I also found out through an elimiation diet that I am gluten intolerant & am allergic to dairy. After cutting those 2 out of my diet I saw some great changes with my body. One of the great things was I don't feel so bloated & gross after eating. Another thing I did was my best to eliminate refined sugar from my diet as well. It's amazing to me how my tastes have changed when I took out the bad stuff.

In doing this I found that my middle son also has a gluten intolerance & my little girl is now gluten & dairy free. We are mostly stomach ache free too!!!

Once I got my eating & diet under control I realized I needed to be a little more active (other than driving my kids around and running after them :) ). I started easy with some Leslie Sansone dvd's & Denise Austin. I got to the point that they weren't challenging me anymore and I changed to some bigger things like Beachbody's P90X and now TurboFire.
Another thing I do is run. It's so freeing to get out there and just run. I started off with walking of course but ended up slow jogging with a good friend & now I'm running. (If you are interested in how to start running & just don't know how visit the Coach to 5K site. I hear it's a great way to train!)

Some would say I'm addicted and I would have to tell them that it's an addiction I'm ok with :) I feel so much better than I have before. I have been a sufferer of depression & while I'm certainly not completely better I see a big difference when I work out. It releases the chemicals in your brain that help with depression. My hope is some day I can be a certified personal trainer to help others in this way too.

Another thing about me and is the best of all. I'm a God following, Jesus loving Christian & when I made the clear decision to be that it changed my life completely. I hope I show people every day my love for Christ.

If you have any questions about any of this I would love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting/following my blog. Let me know about yours. I would love to follow you too!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela