Wednesday, July 6, 2011

To change the world.....

It's so hard for me to watch how people eat & let their kids eat today. Knowing what we know. Really. Fried foods - we know how bad they are for us right? Sugar. Ok I realize in moderation maybe for some but honestly why?

I hear people telling young adults it's ok for them to eat anything they want because their metabolism is so good. They will just burn it right off. Really? That bothers me very much. The soda with all that sugar & acid that the kids are drinking today is just amazing to me. It breaks my heart to see so many overweight children when there just doesn't have to be.

Fast food restaurants are making it so easy for this to happen too with their .99 cent menus.

What can I do about it? Not really sure. I do know I can start with my house. My kids & husband. It's harder with my oldest. He was the one who got to have food from fast food places. I have to admit though. He does make better choices now then he ever did. He is very athletic & knows he needs a healthy body to do what he likes doing. My middle son has some food allergies and knows when he eats the wrong stuff he suffers for it. My youngest hasn't really had the oppurtunity to eat much bad stuff. I find she can't stomach it when someone gives it to her though. That does make me secretly happy though.

I don't know. I think we can make a difference. I just don't know where to start. So I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Keep running & exercising & inviting people to join me. Keep buying the healthier/organic foods. Maybe some day things will change.

What about you? Is there something in the world you would like to see changed? Something you have taken on to change? I would love to hear about it!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela