Monday, July 4, 2011

Success & Set-Backs (UBC - Day 4)

The 5K is complete! My end time was 34:30. It was CRAZY there!! This was the 20th Anniversary of the Watermelon 5K here in Central Florida. I guess everyone wanted to come out & be part of it. There were over 3,000 people there!! It was pretty difficult to run it because there were lots of people running & walking so they were stopping right in front of the runners. Thankfully I didn't have any crashes with anyone.

Running through this area was neat. It was mostly residential. Unfortunately with it being so crowded there wasn't much watching the scenery as there was watching for people in front of me. I have decided to up my level a bit and start training more for a 10K. I think many people out there want to complete a 5K & they are going to start getting pretty crazy crowded. Since I know I can do them I need to see what else can challenge me. I told my husband when I started running I would LOVE to be able to do a 1/2 marathon. Now THAT would be cool.

The "Set Back" part of my title is this. I believe I have Plantar Fasciitis.

It's my left heel and to be honest I am completely self-diagnosing here. It always hurts worse after running. I have been training more for barefoot running lately and when I put my sneakers back on I find it gets worse. I think eventually I will need to get this checked out. It didn't slow me down today though!

I am VERY happy to say though that my friend that just completed the Couch to 5K program completed her FIRST 5K today!! I am so proud of her. Her husband is in his 3-4th week of the program & was able to join us today too. We now have another friend over at The Not So Perfect Housewife that is taking on this challenge too. I'm so proud of my friends. It is the best feeling to be exercising & making your body healthy. God has given us this miracle of a body. It's our job to keep it healthy so we can continue to do His will!!

What about you? Ever feel like just getting out there and running? It's another great way to fellowship with others!!

Thank you for your good wishes on the 5K!! I hope you got to enjoy this 4th with family & friends!!

Be Blessed & Healthy!!

1 comment:

  1. Please be careful with your feet, and get it checked out if it keeps hurting. I was in the Army and did not go for some time. Eventually my injury was so bad I got a medical discharge and was in a wheelchair for TWO YEARS. I will never run again. Don't let it happen to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments & hear how you are doing in your health & wellness journey. We are all a work in progress. ~ Imperfectly Pamela